Our Youth Scholars Program identifies children in Nepal who are “at risk" of discontinuing their education. Each child receives a minimum of $200USD of funding per year. These funds are paid directly to schools, clinics, and parents to help subsidize their education and keep them in school. Please see our education plan and goals for more information and how we help including. Our primary areas of focus include:
Our WOV Scholars
If you would like to sponsor a student, please (1) click on the orange button below their name,
and (2) type their name in the “Notes" section of the donation page (at the top). We will email you
back to confirm your sponsorship. For further questions about supporting scholars, please
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all students, families, and donors have
given us permission to use pictures, stories, and names on this page.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Our goals and objectives are drawn from our education plan (pdf 760k) , developed by board member Dr. Tania Gavidia in 2015.
- Develop a system of more regular updates. The parent student contract will ask them to provide four written updates a year
- Continue Supporting 21 scholars through $200 annual of subsidies: $10 per month for tuition ($120 annual), $40 books and uniform, $40 medical care.
- Continue with data collection on students.
- Establish whether we are supporting more beyond 21 and selection process.
- Expand Girls Empowerment Program: Goals for this can be found on our ‘Girls in Action‘ page.
- Invite a youth scholar to become more involved with WOV (board membership?)